If you’re like me, you place much emphasis on excelling through excellence. You are meticulous, articulate, focused and aim at succeeding in all of your endeavors.
What is that special quality that enables one to stand out in a crowd without resorting to inappropriate methods?
Do you behave the same way at home as you do at work? Is your behavior flawless in the sense that you have one standard and that this standard defines, in fact is, your personal brand?
Do you take accountability for your actions or, if things don’t work out, blame others?
Crossing the threshold of excellence
When you’ve made a conscious decision to stand out via your impeccability and pursuit of excellence, you’ve crossed the point of no return. You’ve distinguished yourself from the crowd as someone who will succeed, period.
The difference between you and those who choose mediocrity is that you’ve consciously crossed the threshold of excellence.
What are the signs of having crossed the threshold of excellence?
- Acting will be easy. Once you have consciously decided to accept responsibility and, generally speaking, ‘give it your all,’ you will immediately know how to act in all situations, even difficult ones.
- Doubt will vanish. The doubt you once secretly harbored about yourself and your potential will vanish.
- A noticeable difference. People won’t recognize you anymore. ‘What? Is that [put your name here]?’ they’ll ask.
- Success will come. You will find yourself (even under difficult circumstances) easily succeeding (e.g., closing deals, increasing your reputation, etc.)
- A new vision. When you cross the threshold of excellence, a new vision will come upon you: the uncanny ability to ‘see’ what’s around the corner or down the road.
When you come to the point of no return and cross the threshold of excellence, you will stand out and your success will be unparalleled.
Reaching for Exellence
Image source: xaxor.com/photography/21817-mountain-climbing-photography-by-various-photographers.html